Monday, August 23, 2010

The send off

I love the first day of school. Everyone is excited and willing to get out of bed. They are fresh and clean, hair done, fingernails clipped, no stains on clothing, TEETH BRUSHED...good times. So here we are again with the start of a new school year and the send off was great. No tears from either side (not sure if that's a good thing. haha) Still, I'm excited for their return home after a long first day and I hope they are too.
My precious kindergartner! :') *sniff It's hard to believe he's old enough. He's been waiting all summer to start school, hopefully it doesn't disappoint.
I thought it was cute that he picked out the same uniform as Gabe did. Gabe didn't mind either. :) The handsome 4th grader. He's looking too old.
Good thing Aaron has this guy to mentor him. He has all the wisdom. And the cutest 5th grader around!
As we were walking to school she was worried she looked too dressed up. Silly girl.
And last but not least, the HIPPY chick. There is an at home preschool program here in Irving called "HIPPY" that Del and I will be starting in September. She's excited about it but still is feeling left out of the "going to school" scene. Life's not fair.

3 comments:

Marcie said...

Wow! I can't believe how big they're getting! They're so beautiful. Looking at your blog makes me feel so happy. You guys are an awesome family. You're so strong and committed to doing what's right. I really admire that. I loved all your pictures from New Mexico. Can't wait to hear how it goes. I'll be praying for him. (But what happened to UT Dallas?) You look great too, for 29 weeks. Don't worry, I always slouch in pictures and hate it too. Keep up the good work! Y'all are so cute!! I miss you!!

Net said...

Cute kids! Glad there were no tears - I didn't fare quite as well. :)
Glad you and Del are doing HIPPY. It will definitely make her feel more included. And cute that Aaron was so excited for Kinder! That's really fun. So... did it meet his expectations?

Mommydew said...

Adorable!