
So, this has been a learning experience, but a rewarding one as most are. We came across what we thought was a good deal on peaches and decided we wanted to learn how to bottle them. So, we bought 56 lbs of peaches at .68 cents a lb. the next day we got our ads for the next week and found peaches on sale for .48 cents a lb. Needless to say we were a little disappointed. So, we bottled most of our peaches, froze a few bags and made some jam! We felt so good about our new project that we searched the ads and found tomatoes for 4lbs for .99 cents. So, we sprang on that and bought 66 lbs. We bottled diced tomatoes and salsa. Here it is a week and a half later from our peach bottling and I have an ad in my hands for peaches costing .33 cents a lb! Yep. we'll be doing more peaches this week. This is really addicting, but great for our food storage which is officially started now! YAY!
4 comments:
Wow, that's amazing! I've been wanting to do some of this when I get back. My friend has done chicken and says it turns out great. Good for you!
Wow, I'm so impressed! That looks yummy...and sounds really good, too!
good job! i love the new blog look and the pictures too!! your awesome!
I love your new profile-y-blog. The diamonds are great and I like the pics at the top.
Post a Comment