Monday, February 4, 2008

The loveliness Texas brings into our lives.

The day started well, I made breakfast for the kids and lunch for Jeremy. I started a much needed load laundry, and started a fun project. I checked my e-mail and my blog as well as some friends blogs. I paid a bill and I actually got dressed. I ate a cookie! All while Adelia took her morning nap and Aaron played with his toys. Aaron needed to go to the bathroom, so I turned the bathroom light on for him and left him to do his thing. When he finished he came running to me as he usually does to get his pants on. Well, this time he was jabbering on about a bug. So, I follow him to the bug. He's pointing to the bathroom and I'm trying to see where he is pointing. We are both in the hallway looking into the bathroom for this bug. He keeps saying, "right there! Buggy right there! So I bend over to get to his hight thinking maybe it's on the ceiling and I can't see it. Then I saw it...almost felt it move! You see bending over in the hall put y head very close to the bathroom door frame and you guessed it! A huge cockroach right by my face! So naturally I did what anyone would do, I screamed and jumped up and down, chills running through my whole body, and nicely waking up my baby from her lovely nap. I then got brave and looked for a shoe. The first one I found was too little for this buggy. I needed a big, strong shoe that wouldn't fail the first time. Then I did it! I smashed him after being pumped up while Aaron was cheering me on saying, "mash a buggy, mash a buggy!" It was a hit and run and drop the big Jeremy shoe you hit it with affair. I hit him so hard that his remains still remain on my wall, and I am very much contemplting whether I should leave them for a certain someone to clean up. That wouldn't be very nice on my part though so I'll just have to get those clorox wipes out and wait for my home teacher instead.

4 comments:

Mommydew said...

Ahhh! I'm with you! I hate when I find a bug and Kevin isn't home!

Sally said...

Blechhh! Cockroaches are the YUCKIEST bugs ever! I'd rather confront a hairy spider!

Jen York said...

YUCK! I'm SO feeling your pain!

Net said...

ach! yuck! gross! ew! ugh! blech! There aren't enough adjectives out there to describe the disgusting-ness of roaches! And Texas roaches at that! Glad I'm not the only one who screams and jumps up and down... :)