Thursday, September 30, 2010

35 down...5 to go.

...or more. Ollie is due to make an appearance on Nov. 4th. I'm shooting for the weekend after. I'm never early and even this is a hopeful thought. BUT I am engraving it into my mind and with any luck, my body will respond?? Hey it's been known to happen...not for me but it has! I should probably go to my source for tips...Anywho, I think it's pretty crazy how speedy fast time can fly even when you're looking forward to something. It's even crazier how rapidly I am growing! YIKES! I was good this morning though and had my oatmeal, apple and almond milk. Yumm! This week has flown by and I'm starting to think OH CRAP! I ONLY HAVE 5 MORE LIKE IT! On one hand it seems an eternity before we'll get to snuggle this little guy and then I remember all the things I need to do to prepare. Will 5 weeks be enough?

I haven't really posted a belly picture yet and quite honestly, it sounds terrifying. Cameras are only allowed in this house if I'm holding them. Kyra has even said we need one for Ollie's scrapbook she intends to make for him. I dread it. Speaking of pictures, guess who's licence expired! Yep. Nice timing. I thought maybe I could get away with it until after I had this baby. I haven't been pulled over in a long time. Well...I guess I was due for that as well. On my way home from my midwife appointment I was driving down Main Street in Grand Prairie and as luck would have it I was pulled over. Can you believe this 4 lane plus curbs on each side (that is almost unheard of here) road has a speed limit of 30!? Really! So, I was given 30 days to get my licence taken care of and pay for my speeding ticket. I got online to find out what time the DMV opened and found out you can renew online! Cool HUH!? Not for me though. If you have an outstanding ticket, you can't. Figuring since I WOULD have been able to renew online, I wouldn't have my picture done this time. I pulled myself out of bed to take Jeremy to work and on the way home decided to stop and renew it before a flood of people got there. Well, I still had to wait at least 45 minutes AND they took my picture! AHHH! It is horrifying. I had a nightmare about it last night. After the DMV, we went to pay my ticket, another 30 min. wait, then to the bank which we had to go into since my window doesn't roll down, the post office, a dept. store (Ky really needed school pants) and lastly to the grocery store. All, might I add, dragging a 3 yr old along for the ride, bribing her to be good with ice cream. By the time we got home, we both needed a nap but were interrupted by the beeping of my phone telling us to go pick up kids from school. Off we went to the school. I snagged Aaron and patiently waiting for Kyra and Gabe in the shade of a tree was attacked by fire ants. Both feet and somehow they were on my knee length skirt! How? Needless to say, on top of the already swollen pregnant feet, my feet are...well, swollen. After a nap, I couldn't feel the pain from all the stings...until I got out of bed and I'd like to say the day got better and in a sense I guess it did. With a crate of picture frames, a box of mason jars and a glass of ice water, all broken at different times by different children, I called it a night. Then, woke up at 3 am sick to my stomach and finding peace with the shower. Heaven, please no repeats. And sorry readers, no pictures.

5 comments:

Chelsea said...

Haha!! im sorry! you should have let me know and she could have totally come played here! come over and play!!! heart you!

Stefanie D. said...

Wow! That sounds like a pretty intense day! Ant bites are THE worst! I always have a bad reaction to them. Yay! 5 weeks! I'm down to 2.5!

Net said...

ah! I'm worn out just reading all that!
sorry about the ticket. that bites.

Bre said...

Holy. Cow. What. A. Day!

Mardi said...

Hang in there!