So I haven't really posted on the fact that I am pregnant. Most of you know either through the phrase "guess who's pregnant again" or by the countdown widget on my blog. It's not been a secret though, I didn't wait until the 1st trimester was over to start telling people. I thought about doing that but then when the morning sickness hit me, I wasn't sure what I would be able to handle with my calling and such. I'm happy to say that it wasn't nearly as bad as it was with Aaron or Delia. Anyway, for those of you who didn't hear it from me, we are very excited that we have a little one on the way. And for memory's sake here is how we found out.
It was Friday and I needed to get out of my house, plus I needed a few things at the store. Once Jeremy got home I left the kids with him and took off. Jeremy and I were in a disagreement about something I don't even remember (forgive and forget) haha kidding. I'm really good at the forgetting part. Anyway, on my way to the store in quiet bliss I was reflecting on my irrational behavior (PMS) and wondered if maybe I could be pregnant. I really didn't think I was but I bought a couple of dollar store tests for a buck each along with some oatmeal creme cookies. I thought of how funny I must have looked only buying pregnancy tests and cookies. Hey, PMS can make you crave sugar right? Actually I wasn't really thinking hmm I want some cookies, I was thinking I should buy something other than these tests and saw those cookies first and snagged them. Anyway, I went to the grocery store after that and drove home. After dinner and kids were in bed. I took some "hair of the dog" (a concoction of honey, vinegar and cayenne) for my sore throat. It had been a while since I had eaten anything so shortly after taking it my stomach turned and I was so nauseous. I quickly grabbed some gram crackers and sat on the couch shoveling them down my throat. Jeremy walks in, seeing my shoveling and asked if I was ok. (first time speaking since he got home from work) I told him what happened and he laughed. (he likes to laugh at my pain) Anywho. After he is finished laughing at me, he proceeds to tell me that when I left to go to the store he stayed outside pulling weeds and the kids all came out to help him. He counted the kids to make sure they were all with him and thought, if Amy is at the store, who is taking care of the baby? My eyes kind of popped and I told him I bought a couple of tests and was planning on taking one tomorrow morning. The rest of the story you can guess. The line was bright and shining and took no time in showing up, which surprised me since I hadn't really missed my period yet. Lots of hormones in this body here! I can't be held accountable for my actions! Right!?
Goodbye First Trimester! I will not miss you!
1 comment:
I love the way we find out we're pregnant. Such fun stories and wonderful memories. Thanks for posting your story. I loved reading it.
Post a Comment