Thursday, November 5, 2009

Cake anyone?

In September I took a Wilton's cake decorating class at Michael's. It was a nice little retreat each week. Although I didn't learn a whole lot from this first course, I think the next one will be better. (If I can find the time to jump in again) My cupcakes. Yumm!I was so afraid this thing was going to overflow but it never did! Yay!

My sad horse never actually got finished. I did do a little more whork after taking this picture but it was tasty just the same. It's a lot of work getting all those stars on there! My hand was so sore. The effect from my icing being too thick and my muscles too weak. I started at the neck of the horse where the stars are really close together like they should be and then I got tired...and sloppy. Need to work on consistency!

And I think I'll end this post with my boring, headless, footless and handless clown. :) They were out of heads at Michael's and I didn't really care since I don't much care for clowns anyway. It was sort of fun to do his squiggley body though.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those cupcakes are cute! I don't like the clowns creepy squiggly body! Mom made a clown cake for buddy's bday and it was kind of creepy.

Net said...

funny. I remember the clown! I don't think I ever got mine a head either - I have a thing about clowns... creepy. your cupcakes look AWESOME! what a great idea to use cupcakes instead of 1 regular cake.
and yes, the 2nd course teaches a whole lot more. that's where all the fun roses and flowers come in.

Jami said...

Way fun, you do such a great job! I <3 cupcakes!!