Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Bruschetta

I've been wanting to try to make this for a while now and last night when we were going through the same "what are we going to have for dinner" routine I thought of this and searched for a recipe. I found this one on Cooks.com and it is really yummy. I'm kicking myself for not trying this out earlier because it is ridiculously easy and super fast! I'm talking 10 minutes and your ready for dinner! I know this is usually served as an appetizer but it made a great dinner with a side of corn. :) So here is the recipe.
1 can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes, drained
2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil leaves (I sprinkled in dried basil instead)
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
16 (1/2-inch-thick) slices baguette, toasted (about 6 oz)-(I sliced up french bread and toasted them on our griddle)
Stir together tomatoes, basil, olive oil and garlic.
Spoon mixture onto toasted bread slices. Serve immediately.
*I also added a slice of mozzerella cheese to the bread before I topped it with the tomatoes. I plan on adding grilled chicken next time. Hope you enjoy!

3 comments:

Jami said...

Cool. I definitely want to try this. I love it when people post recipes!

Sally said...

Wow, that does sound good...I think my tummy is growling :)

Anonymous said...

Yum-o!

We had this at a restaurant once and it had pine nut in it.. and Mike is allergic to nuts.. haha we had to leave & our apetizer was free. Because we were sure to ask the waiter if anything we ordered had nuts. Lame!