Tuesday, January 31, 2012

A few sweet things

I am on my death bed. Well I've felt like it since Friday night. Tuesday is here and my headache is nearly gone ( it was evil) but i remain bed ridden. Remembering a few sweet moments I thought I'd better write them down before I lose them forever. Not wanting to get out of my cozy bed I am attempting to write this post with my iPhone. We'll see how it goes.

On Saturday Jeremy took the kids to city wide practice with him and my house was numbingly quiet I couldn't move. I couldn't sleep either. :/ longest, most boring day of my life. I thought the quiet would be good and it was mostly but I now more fully understand the value of having someone close by, not just to fill my water bottle and bring me tissues, but having the presence of another spirit in the room while you're on your death bed is very comforting.

Sunday is here and the kids are busy getting ready for church. Aaron (6yrs) comes in and asks me to help him button his shirt. I tell him "Adelia (4yrs) is really good at buttons, she would love to help you." Adelia, hearing me, comes running. She buttons the first three buttons before Aaron decided he could do it. It was so cute I wish I could have taken a picture. Not long after, Adelia needed her dress zipped up and who better to do it than Aaron. :) Maybe it's just because I'm on my death bed but it melted my heart.

2 comments:

Jamie said...

So sweet. Kids sure do have the power to make us smile even when it's hard to smile. I hope you're feeling better.

Heather said...

Hope you've recovered!!!!!